This past Friday, in my weekly memo that I send out to the fitness entrepreneurs I coach, I discussed vision…
Not, your eye health or how well you read one of those letter charts…
I’m talking about YOUR VISION for YOUR FUTURE.
Things like purpose, vision, and goals are probably more commonplace in the business world, but what about everyday life?
In my opinion, it’s just as important. Actually, more so.
I THINK most of us have some sort of vision for what we want our life to look like…
But, it’s so easy to get caught up in the now – today’s to-do list, tomorrow’s appointments, getting through this holiday season…
Before you know it, weeks/months/years have gone by, and everything kinda looks the same…
Some say having a clear vision is like having a roadmap.
I’m not sure that’s the best way to put it though. It’s not like it tells you what to do each day to get where you want to go…
Instead, I look at my vision as a destination REMINDER. It keeps me focused. It keeps where I want to go (what I want life to be like) top-of-mind. It helps me get back on track when I get distracted.
So, if you agree that it’s time to get a little more clear and actually write down your vision, here are some questions that will help you out:
- Pick a timeline. I prefer a shorter one to start with like 1 – 5 years out or a major birthday/anniversary.
- Who’s in it?
- What’s your fitness/health like?
- What’s your family life like?
- What does your business/career look like?
- How much money are you making?
- How are you spending/investing your money?
- Where are you living?
- What about time off, vacations, activities, hobbies?
- What are your big accomplishments?
I’m sure there’s much more. You get to decide. It’s your vision for your life. 🙂
Personally, I keep my vision to one page typed. I read it daily for inspiration, clarity, and drive…
HAVE FAITH & TAKE ACTION!