Truthfully I haven’t been eating much of the superfood that I’m highlighting in today’s email. We had one of the recipes that I am sharing with you today for dinner last night and I forgot how much I love salmon and how good it is for you!
Wild salmon is a SUPERFOOD that you want to include in your nutrition plan 2-3 times per week!!!
Many of salmon’s health benefits come from omega-3 fatty acids. To get all the benefits from salmon, you want to choose Alaskan wild caught vs farm raised. Alaskan salmon is the least contaminated species. The type of salmon you choose and the source is VERY important!!!
Below is a list of the wonderful benefits you can receive by adding wild salmon to your diet several times per week.
- Bone & Joint Health – researchers recently found that regular omega-3 consumption can help keep osteoporosis at bay. Since wild caught salmon is a natural anti-inflammatory food consuming it on a regular basis can keep your bones strong.
- Brain and Neurological Repair – omega-3 rich foods have been shown to increase the efficiency of various brain functions, including memory. Studies suggest that long-term supplementation from a high-quality fish oil like Eniva’s EFACOR can help prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s symptoms.
- Heart Health – because of it’s high omega-3 fatty acid content eating salmon regularly can help reduce systemic inflammation and the risk of developing atherosclerosis, hypertension, and stroke.
- Healthy Skin – eat salmon three times per week for more radiant skin. In addition to high levels of omega-3 fats, wild salmon also contains antioxidants that can greatly reduce the effects of free radical damage which causes aging.
- Cancer Defense – omega-3 fatty acids can have a profound effect on not only preventing cancer but helping to fight tumors.