Does this behavior seem normal to you?
– Workout 2 – 3 days per week, maybe more
– Average 10,000 steps per day
– Drink ½ your body weight in ounces of water per day
– Eat enough protein
– Eat veggies with each meal
– Sleep 7 – 9 hours per night
– Practice gratitude
Or, is this more normal?
– Workout inconsistently or not at all
– Spend most of the day sitting
– Drink mostly coffee, soda (pop), and/or energy drinks
– Eat mostly processed foods
– Watch 2 – 4 hours of TV per day
– Sleep poorly
– High stress
– Live with anger, fear, and/or frustration
Well, actually they’re BOTH normal…
Normal is defined as “the usual, average, or typical state or condition.”
For some people, the first scenario is normal to them. For many others, the second is how they live day to day.
For either, they’d say the other is abnormal.
OK. Now, why is this important or relevant?
Because RESULTS are based on BEHAVIORS.
Cause and Effect.
If you want a result that you’re currently not getting, you simply (not easily) have to make the behaviors that yield that result your new “normal”…
How do you do that?
1) Identify the habits that yield the results you want. To do this, you can seek out people who have/are achieving that result.
2) Adopt one new habit at a time – this will generally work better than changing everything all at once for most people, especially in the long run.
3) Find a way to stay accountable – do it with a buddy, hire a coach, join a program
5) HAVE COMPASSION WHEN YOU “SLIP”
6) GET BACK ON THE WAGON
7) REPEAT STEPS 4 – 7
In time, those habits will become your new normal and you will naturally achieve the results you desire…
Will you sometimes do abnormal (what used to be normal) things that go “against” your goal?
Only those times they’ll feel totally abnormal to you and getting back to normal will be easier and feel so much better. 🙂
If you’d like our help changing your norms to live a happier, healthier, more fit life then check out The Transformation Project. That’s what it’s all about!
HAVE FAITH & TAKE ACTION!