Since I’m traveling today, I’m going to go the easy route and borrow from a great source…
In honor of National Sleep Week I’m going to share 8 Tips from Arianna Huffington’s outstanding book The Sleep Revolution.
On to Arianna’s tips with some additional comments from me:
- Set a cool room temperature.
- We set our temp at 66. I’d go lower, but Janell would have to wear a fleece lined pants to bed then. ;-b
- No electronic devices starting 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Most experts say 2 hours, but let’s start one step at a time. We shoot for an hour.
- No caffeine after 2 pm.
- Pajamas, nightdresses, and even special t-shirts send a sleep-friendly message to your body. If you wear it to the gym, don’t wear it to bed.
- Do some light stretching, deep breathing, yoga or meditation to help your body and mind transition to sleep.
- Of course, you can also end your night with some… reading. What were you thinking? ;-b
- When reading a book, make it a physical book or an e-reader that doesn’t emit blue light.
- Don’t read work-related stuff that will get your mind racing with ideas; stick to fun stuff or personal development (The Power of the Subconscious Mind is a great choice!)
- Ease yourself into sleep mode by drinking some caffeine-free tea.
- Natural Sleep Formula is fantastic for falling asleep, and it supports brain and body repair. 🙂
- Before you turn off the lights, write a list of what you are grateful for.
- This is also a good time to write down your WINS for the day
There you have it, 8 great tips for a better sleep, plus some additional comments from me.
Sleep tight tonight…don’t let the bedbugs bite. 🙂
HAVE FAITH & TAKE ACTION!
P.S. – Here’s some info on the sleep supplement I use and recommend:
Eniva Natural Sleep™ Liquid Formula is a natural sleep aid that provides a safe, natural and effective liquid formula for healthy sleep.*
This fast-acting liquid sleep supplement contains specialized natural nutrients including Valerian Extract, L-Theanine, Melatonin, Chamomile, Vit D, Passion Flower and more to support the entire sleep cycle. Natural Sleep is 100% natural, non-addictive, and non-habit forming sleep supplement.*
One of the best things that I’ve found about using Natural Sleep is there’s no grogginess the next morning. You don’t feel like you have a hangover – a common issue with typical OTC sleep aids.
Oh, and you won’t find yourself going for walks or driving your car in your sleep like you might with some of those prescription sleep pills!
If you have any sleep issues or just want to get more restorative sleep, I encourage you to give Natural Sleep a try. Like all Eniva products, you can get it here at The Transformation Club. 🙂 If you’re not local, order it HERE.
*None of the statements in this letter have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.