We’ve all heard the saying, “Misery loves company.”
It’s so true, isn’t it?
People who are miserable will always try to drag other people into their miserable state of being.
But, where does misery actually come from and how can we prevent it (other than avoiding miserable people)?
On Monday I introduced you to Dr. Sean Stephenson, his mission to eliminate insecurity in this world, and his 3 steps to being UNSTOPPABLE.
On the flip side, in his presentation, Sean also talked about what makes people miserable. Check it out…
Misery comes when you:
- Focus on what you don’t want, which shows up as fear
- Focus on what you don’t have, which shows up as envy
- Focus on what you don’t like, which shows up as complaining
Don’t just read those bullet points. Really think about them and let them sink in…
I know I’ve certainly done all three of those things. That never works out. It’s miserable. ;-b
How about the opposite?
- Focus on what you do want. That creates excitement. HAVE FAITH & TAKE ACTION! 😉
- Focus on what you do have. That creates gratitude.
- Focus on what you do like. That creates happiness.
I’m not saying that it’s easy to just flip the switch, but what’s the alternative?
Misery is a choice. As David Bayer would say, it’s unintelligent thinking.
I’ll close out with a quote from Sean’s presentation that I really liked as well:
“The world doesn’t knock you down. You trip when you walk backward.”
HAVE FAITH & TAKE ACTION!